Tags: On Life and Love, apple, clutter, creativity, feminism, games, gtd, Humor, intelligence, ipad, iphone, life, Linkage, movies, organize, privacy, productivity, science, Society, technology, weight-issues
- Another vote for "Fragmented" – An awesome article quotation from Elf. I agree with this, and struggle with finding a healthy balance for myself. I enjoy having a smartphone, but still consider it a luxury item (i.e., not necessary to my existence or even my happiness). I even debate getting rid of it and going back to a plain ol' phone (shh! don't tell Greg). I feel like a netbook and a normal cell phone would be enough connectivity for me.
If I'm going to break contract on my AT&T/iPhone agreement over Apple's stupidity, maybe I should be looking at doing just that — get a nice, small (!!) cheap cell phone. It's more than a little tempting.
- Follow Up: How Do Strangers Treat You? – Nice comments from an older BFD post about how people are treated when they're over- or under-weight. Features the gem: "Yet another man told me that being fat wasn’t my problem, it was merely the first indication to a man that I did not want to be 'pleasing.' Yes, he told me that if I wanted to be 'pleasing to a man,' I would lose the weight. This would indicate that I was agreeable and compliant." Um, about that.
- Prometheus 6: "No iPad for me…" – Wow. This is what I get to come back to when I haven't synced my phone in over a week. Ugh. If I weren't about to move, I'd do some hard recalculations on getting out of my AT&T iPhone contract and picking up one of those buckets of does.
- Prometheus 6: "Please reflect on what this means in politics, education and race relations" – Okay, this is really cool. I haven't read all five parts, but David Dunning has an interesting premise.
- Prometheus 6: "More punishment for the poor" – And here I thought debtors prisons were out of style.
- Declutter Your Files: What Papers Can You Toss? – Pretty much exactly what the title says. Handy in my going-paperless process.
- YouTube – MORTAL KOMBAT – Okay, this may be the coolest thing I've seen in a hot minute. I love seeing folks put this much effort into what's essentially a fanfic.