Tags: On Life and Love, amazon, business, comic, comics, coolnewshit, exercise, games, history, Humor, kickstarter, linkedin, motivation, photography, productivity, psychology, religion, science, Society, video games, weight lifting
That’s a Flight of the Conchords reference (NSFW!).
First, a couple of lengthy jokes:
- Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AudioQuest K2 Terminated Speaker Cable – UST 2.44 m Plugs 8′ Pair – This is a $14,000 set of audio cables. The reviews had me laughing all day.
- Amazon.com: Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer: Kitchen & Dining – Another marvelous instance of reviews matching the seriousness of the product on Amazon. I'm really impressed at Hutzler not blasting away all these joke reviews.
Then some psychology:
- BBC Column: The psychology of the to-do list « Mind Hacks – "Roy Baumeister and EJ Masicampo at Florida State University were interested in an old phenomenon called the Zeigarnik Effect, which is what psychologists call our mind’s tendency to get fixated on unfinished tasks and forget those we’ve completed."
- Should I workout today? – Awesome and hilarious infographic.
- heymonster – a comic about anxiety. – This pretty much sums up my life for most of 2012.
On vijeo games:
- Football: The Kotaku Review – "I'm here to tell you that Football is, beneath its blaring American pop-culture facade, a turn-based / real-time action collectible trading card game of fine, minute mathematical depth, with just the right pinch of procedural randomness, and character / plot development unparalleled in any other role-playing game released yet in the history of games."
- Molyneux and Fucking Kickstarter – "But then you stop and ask yourself if you can do it on your own.
And if you can? Even if it’s a struggle? And you STILL start a Kickstarter?
Then FUCK YOU, Molyneux. And all who came before you."
- BREAKING WEATHER REPORT! Wii U’s MiiVerse is the most adorable thing ever – Awesome sequence of "tweets" (or the Wii U equivalent) on "Little Inferno".
And on social systems:
- Fuzzy thinking. – On choking and sewage systems.
- Remember Their Names: In Memory of Kasandra, Cherica & Others « The Crunk Feminist Collective – "Her name is Kasandra Michelle Perkins. She was 22 years old, a new mother, and an aspiring teacher. Her picture shows off a beautiful smile and her friends describe her as selfless, kind, and generous. She was excited about being a mother to her newborn, Zoey, and was optimistic about her future. But her future was cut short, her life was taken away, and I think you should know her name."
- The Basement | cabel.me – "Somewhere in Portland, there’s a very old building, and that very old building has a very, very old basement. An incredible basement, a video-game-level basement, a set-decorator’s dream basement."