- Just the facts about what health care reform means for you | TheLoop21.com – A nice list of the changes from the healthcare bill.
- YouTube – Top Secret Drum Corps – They play each others’ drums. Go see.
- Topless Robot – Fan Fiction Friday: Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey in “Day of reckoning” – Um, wow. Not safe for work. Read it anyway.
- Letter to Iraq – From two of the soldiers in the company depicted in Wikileaks’s “Collateral Murder” video.
- I’m Abandoning iPhone Development. Mobile Orchard To Stop Publication. – This is the kind of response I expected to see to Apple's language restrictions. I have yet to decide if I'll keep my iPhone with these increasingly draconian policies.
- Ommatidia › Desmolish – Gender construction.
- Robovie-mR2’s puppy dog eyes make it the perfect spy — Engadget – So damn cute. Watch the video.
- Shoebox » Chuck & Beans – Intentional misspellings. Came up in a comment at Jay Smooth's blog.
The modern independent professional (and I include myself in this group) benefits from self-actualization in the sense that he or she does not depend on institutions or other individuals to provide core professional motivation. While this is a sound strategy for general success, taking it to its extreme has produced a generation of distinctly self-absorbed individuals of a different sort than those that came before us. Unlike the quiet narcissism of the Baby Boomers or the naked, unmotivated consumerism of Generation X, we are a generation of roleplayers: leveling up and treating everything outside ourselves as a grid of potential resources.
Yeah… that’s That Person.
Continue reading Meetups: does there have to be That Person?
Or: When to Say No and Bow Out Ungracefully
A couple of months ago, I stumbled across a local woman who was trying to get her non-profit of 3 years off the ground. She was looking for grant writers, web-ish folks, etc., and her cause was awesome. I was like, “Sweet! I’ll do a website, help with program organization, and either move on or keep helping if there’s room.” Continue reading When ignorance is allowed to win