This week’s internet cruising:
- Lymejello – Wow. Speaking of telling difficult stories. Lyme disease is apparently no joke. I remember seeing the photos in middle school health class–a ringed rash, warnings that it could kill untreated, but not that it was so damned debilitating.
- My Hopebuilders 5k page – Yeah, I'm a punk. Go donate and push me to run. If I meet my fund-raising goal, I'll run it hard.
- Tim Gunn Is A National Treasure – "[W]hen I visit department stores and I go to the shop that’s called “woman,” I am horrified! Horrified by the awful, degrading, disrespectful choices that women have."
- 10 Usability Tips Based on Research Studies – A very nice set of usability tips, including some debunking of common UX myths.
- YouTube vs. Fair Use – Apparently, YouTube is getting amazing at detecting copyrighted content. For better or worse.
- With New Rules In Place, Old Overdraft Gimmicks Under Fire – Ah, the old "reordering debits to maximize overdrafts" game. It's good to see it challenged.
- Ask BFD: How Do I Deal With Compliments On Weight Loss? – Because thinner does not equate to prettier.
- DarkPatterns.org – From Elf, this is a nice little collection of web… scams. Or UI trickery. Or something in between.