- Tomorrow’s Women, Tomorrow’s World – A more British look at the decline of women in the IT industry.
- Clients From Hell : Of course I want it today! If I want it tomorrow,… – Um, yes. I love "Clients From Hell."
- YouTube – Let's Play Wizardry 8 – Honestly. Someone recorded playing Wizardry 8. It's in 64 parts.
- feveredwritings: The Complications of Discussing Prejudice – Greg tackles a racism discussion and gets popped in the mouth unfairly. Interesting discussion ensues.
- Oleg Sych – » UML Modeling and Code Generation in Visual Studio 2010 – I really need to play with Visual Studio 2010 Beta…
These are my links for May 4th through May 27th:
- migrating email to Gmail – I just moved this domain's email to Google's hosted apps, including their gmail interface. The issue was, of course, that I had years of emails stored from IMAP that I wanted in gmail for searchability. This thread in the DreamHost forums offers two wor
- Tips for Building Your GM Notebook – Treasure Tables – I've started a GM notebook for the game I'm running for Greg. So far — just one session, and far from a completed book — it's been a big help.
- So what IS D&D anyway? : Critical Hits – One of the reasons I stopped going to the gaming store in Charlotte was the incessantly negative talk by the store owner about new versions of D & D or any system that wasn't Palladium or 3E D & D. "That's not real D & D," he'd say. This article is a re
- 13 reasons for UML?s descent into darkness | Little Tutorials – I remember my father teaching me how to do basic UML class diagrams and sequence diagrams. I still find them to be useful in planning, but not all the code-generation attempts that UML promises now. I'll write my own code, thanks.
- YouTube – Where is the center of the Universe? – …How in the world is there no center to the universe?
Links for April 20th from 20:34 to 20:34:
- I Think I'm Going To Be Sick – The Daily WTF – Why does this sort of story remind me of the company I work for now? New job in a week! Funny story past the link.
The upgrade to WordPress 2.5 meant that my plugin for posting links went away for a while. There may be a duplicate or two towards the bottom of this list, but I have culled it a bit.
- Big, Brass Ones: Threat Level exploits cross-site scripting bug on CIA.gov – Boing Boing Gadgets – This is pretty dang slick. I need to find out how they've done that, exactly.
- Twenty Sided » Blog Archive » JC Denton: Not Just a Tough Guy – The clothing of Deus Ex. "I felt ridiculous having these philosophical and political conversations while dressed as a Morpheus cosplayer."
- The Swamp: Obama: Won't ask, don't mind tellin' – Obama doing an interview with an LGBT magazine. The format of this article is awful, but I especially liked his stance that it's not the gov't's place to tell folks to "wait for [their] equality" with regards to marriage. Pragmatic, yet progressive.
- Still Alive? She?s Free. – If you've ever played Portal, this post may interest you. It's a look at the imagery of GlaDOS when you finally see her, and what the developers may have been trying to convey. Good stuff, and includes a nice drawing by the author.
- Front-Ahead Design – The Daily WTH – "If you?re not familiar with FAD, then you?ve been missing out. […] Not only does it surpass every other software development methodology out there, it solves every problem there is to building software."
- Get Off Your Butt: 16 Ways to Get Motivated When You?re in a Slump – The title says it all. I'm in a bit of one of these slumps myself, and am giving myself a kick in the pants.