- Tomorrow’s Women, Tomorrow’s World – A more British look at the decline of women in the IT industry.
- Clients From Hell : Of course I want it today! If I want it tomorrow,… – Um, yes. I love "Clients From Hell."
- YouTube – Let's Play Wizardry 8 – Honestly. Someone recorded playing Wizardry 8. It's in 64 parts.
- feveredwritings: The Complications of Discussing Prejudice – Greg tackles a racism discussion and gets popped in the mouth unfairly. Interesting discussion ensues.
- Oleg Sych – » UML Modeling and Code Generation in Visual Studio 2010 – I really need to play with Visual Studio 2010 Beta…
My initial pass at the story management plugin is in place. It doesn’t do the fancy things I want it to do yet, but it can note the root page of a series, output a list of stories in story-date order on that root page, note the arcs, and give Next/Previous links using the actual story names in the individual stories.
Not bad for about 3 hours of work. Especially having to code around my elbows in WP.
Interesting note: PHP stores timestamps as integers, which means that to get dates beyond the year 2038, I used this nifty little Date class. Dropped in like a charm, doesn’t seem to have caused any conflicts with other parts of WordPress.
I think I’ll polish the plugin up a bit (give it a description, for instance) and toss it up in the WP plugin library. It’s not very configurable at the moment, but that’ll probably wait until I get in the sorting features that I want.
These are my links for June 15th through June 18th:
- xkcd – A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language – By Randall Munroe – Everyone probably already reads xkcd, but I loved this one.
- "DAR: A Super Girly Top Secret Comic Diary" By Erika Moen – This whole comic series is amazing, but this particular comic (especially panel #4) had me rolling. I'd probably be arrested if I had a penis, too.
- An important issue? « I?m just saying? – This author (professor?) and a group of students set up an exhibit exploring white privilege at Seattle Pacific University. I always love discussions of white privilege for the different reactions they bring up. Some white people I've talked to have abso
- HTTP 414: Way Too F#%&ing Long – The Daily WTF – I kind of want to try this…
- Skepchick: Critical Thinking at its Finest – A hilarious series of father's day-appropriate pictures on how to take care of a baby.
These are my links for May 4th through May 27th:
- migrating email to Gmail – I just moved this domain's email to Google's hosted apps, including their gmail interface. The issue was, of course, that I had years of emails stored from IMAP that I wanted in gmail for searchability. This thread in the DreamHost forums offers two wor
- Tips for Building Your GM Notebook – Treasure Tables – I've started a GM notebook for the game I'm running for Greg. So far — just one session, and far from a completed book — it's been a big help.
- So what IS D&D anyway? : Critical Hits – One of the reasons I stopped going to the gaming store in Charlotte was the incessantly negative talk by the store owner about new versions of D & D or any system that wasn't Palladium or 3E D & D. "That's not real D & D," he'd say. This article is a re
- 13 reasons for UML?s descent into darkness | Little Tutorials – I remember my father teaching me how to do basic UML class diagrams and sequence diagrams. I still find them to be useful in planning, but not all the code-generation attempts that UML promises now. I'll write my own code, thanks.
- YouTube – Where is the center of the Universe? – …How in the world is there no center to the universe?