Tags: On Life and Love, astronomy, Blogging, business, film-making, gayrights, geek, hate, Humor, life, Linkage, linkedin, marketing, movies, News, publishing, religion, videos, Writing
For some reason, I felt like I didn’t have a lot of links this week for all the cruising I did, but I was wrong. I plowed through 280 Google Reader posts and was caught up as of yesterday afternoon. It may never happen again.
- The survey’s authors concluded that there was “widespread confusion” about “the line between teaching and preaching.” – I'd like to see the stats for people who had taken part in Unitarian Universalist religious education–my understanding is that that program spans multiple religions.
- Earning Extra Income with a (Small) Blog – Another very awesome post on self-publishing. Am I gearing up to something? I dunno.
- $72,000 in E-Books in a Week – 8 Lessons I Learned – Since Greg is considering releasing LORE as a physical book (and e-book/book self-publishing is of great interest to me as well), I've been reading up on book marketing and revenue numbers and what type of experience to expect. It's good reading.
- Killa Appz By Dave Berzack : I Laughed, I Cried | 8bitrocket – I, too, enjoy getting jiggy with legacy apps. I also dance like that when I code or talk with clients. I find it makes everyone far more comfortable with the process.
- Union of mothers create anti-gay ad because of drama “Life Is Beautiful” – This ridiculous ad stating, “If my son becomes gay and dies from AIDs after watching ‘Life Is Beautiful’, SBS [the broadcasting company] must take responsibility!” A gay Korean actor posted a nicely-written series of Twitter posts lambasting them. Go read.
- Do not use Bible to attack homosexuality – A well-written opinion piece. I struggle with the idea of taking any holy text wholesale–so why not pick your passages?–but if you take as a premise that the whole thing is true, then this guy's got a point. I wish they allowed commenting; I'd love to see the discussion that article.
- Could ‘Goldilocks’ planet be just right for life? – Yahoo! News – Look at this: "It's unknown whether water actually exists on the planet, and what kind of atmosphere it has. But because conditions are ideal for liquid water, and because there always seems to be life on Earth where there is water, Vogt believes 'that chances for life on this planet are 100 percent.'" …What? Water hasn't been seen yet, but there's a 100% chance of it being there and there being life? Erm.
- Bollywood Gay film faces Censors – I very much want to see this film. "Kapil commented on the action taken for the submission and said: 'The Censor Board objected to the kissing and lovemaking. They asked us to delete those scenes. We refused. We aren’t trying to do any kind of sleazy stuff here. Ours is the first ever serious gay love story. The intimacy is essential. Our film is now with the revising committee.'"