- What Do Teachers Really Make? Taylor Mali… – Cellfish.com —
Hell, yeah! Rock on, brother. Except… I hope you don’t really teach like that. That’s… that’s not good teaching. Tagged as: [education teaching]
- Do We Really Need A Law To Protect Fat Workers? – The Boston Globe —
Tastee tastee fat-hate. This is an interesting article that covers a wide range of issues. Tagged as: [fathate]
- Mark Atwood – Some advice, if you are going to speak at a geek conference. —
This is an amazingly wonderful list. I plan to keep it on hand — even though I’m a teacher now (and hence not presenting at geek cons), the information is still relevant and useful. Tagged as: [geek]
- YouTube – Kim and Cookie —
Micah and I went around doing the Kim and Cookie skit for months back in high school. Damn, that shit was funny. Tagged as: [humor]
- Elastic Waist: Guest Post: Mopie’s Intrepid Fitness Experiences —
Watch out for those fat girl traps at the gym. I know from experience that they’re embarrassing as hell. Tagged as: [weight-issues exercise humor]
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling | The digested read —
Contains minor spoilers, but is a hilarious recount of the seventh book. Tagged as: [books humor]
- Learning from Dave Winer – Joel on Software —
I don’t have this problem, of course, because the only folks that comment around here are buddies on some level. That said, I think Winer is right — the most important opinions are those of people who would –in the past–have had little or no voice. Tagged as: [blogging]
- YouTube – Michael Jackson-Blood On The Dance Floor —
"Blood on the Dance Floor" was MJ’s last good song, so far. I never saw this video until tonight. I rarely think MJ is sexy, but he’s workin’ it in this video. He is the king of smooth when it comes to dancing. Tagged as: [music]
- Dynamic Fitness: A Ph.D Asks ME a Question —
Andrews offers up a nice, concise explanation of some of the different schools of training in weight-lifting. Tagged as: [weight-lifting]
- feveredwritings: Fascinating and possibly scary. —
Do you use facebook? The accuracy of this is disputed, but it does churn up privacy concerns. Tagged as: [internet-security privacy]
- Big Fat Deal » Willpower Is Power —
Here’s an interesting discussion on the existence of willpower and it’s role in weight-loss. Tagged as: [weight-issues psychology]
- jack-sprat.net – Love me Later? —
Tagged as: [weight-issues self-image]
- Savage Love – On fat women —
"Do you know why you dismiss the girls you find attractive—girls who are not, by your dick’s definition, unattractive in the least—as "ugly, trashy girls," "thick, ugly girls," "fat, ugly, hick girls," etc.?" Tagged as: [fathate weight-issues sexuality]
Watch this. And listen to his voice. And listen to his lyrics.
A beautiful song. I think it takes him about 10 seconds to get into a pitch/rhythm I like, but those lyrics make it up for all.
Make a mess when you’re depressed
Wake without a drop of rest
Ace a test and wipe your brow
Pay your credit card somehow
Ah… Reminds me of Rose. And WO. And Ryan. And Luke. (And all of our mothers!) Damn. Clickity-click.
Some of his other pieces, alas… Not so easy on the ears. That kind of voice is hard to fit into all songs, although I admire his experimentation (and the bravery to put those on the netnet). His lyrics are pretty consistently hot, though.
Others songs of his displaying some amazing talent:
- “Chocolate Rain“: his most famous so far, and I love the lines about [tag]The Bell Curve[/tag]. Sing it, brah!
- “Demons on the Dance Floor“: this song reminds me of a certain friend of mine… Yes, Mama Dre, you know who you are. (The remix is pretty hot, too.)
- “Canon in Z“: Yes, it’s [tag]Pachelbel[/tag]’s, but he tears that mutha up. And provides the sheet music. (Oh, no lyrics.)
For the musicky types, a question: how would you classify his voice? Baritone? Bass?
[tags]tay zonday, music, male vocalist[/tags]