This week’s internet cruising:
- EJ Flavors – Cupid’s Hunt 2012 – Lost And Found: The Lost – An excellent Valentine's Day mix by EJ Flavors. Yeah, I know it's barely even February anymore, but Angela Bofill's "I Try" puts chills up my spine whenever I hear it.
- Google to Sell Heads-Up Display Glasses by Year’s End – NYTimes.com – I'm totally going to want to be an early adopter of these. If they seem promising, it'd be worth switching to contact lenses for.
- World population statistics – I always like these types of infographics. ^_^
- Slavery By Another Name – I heard this on my local NPR station the other night, and was glad to hear the injustices of the prison system be spoken for all to hear, but in a calm and reasonable voice.
- What’s Wrong with the IGF « The Rotting Cartridge – "Eight (8) judges were assigned to Kale In Dinoland. Of those judges, 1 didn’t install the game or respond to any of our invitations (which we had to send multiple times before judges joined). 3 judges didn’t play the game. Of the remaining 5 judges that played the game, 3 played it very close to the IGF deadline, which was December 5th. […] Excluding the outlier, on average each judge – including the 3 that didn’t play it – played the game for almost 5 minutes’ time. […] So we’re talking almost 4 minutes for each judge of actual game time."
And now for a vibeo:
A little dated at this point, but wonderfully funny. I like Jay Smooth on politics.
Continue reading Weekly Linkage: With a Bit of Politics
Not, of course, limited to Wednesdays. Today just happens to be one. …Barely.
I shall open with a video of Nayna, my belly dance instructor, from a couple of months ago:
I’m somewhere off to the left, wishing I’d brought my own camera. This was after class, so I don’t feel bad about watching my instructor dance instead of dancing myself.
The upgrade to WordPress 2.5 meant that my plugin for posting links went away for a while. There may be a duplicate or two towards the bottom of this list, but I have culled it a bit.
- Big, Brass Ones: Threat Level exploits cross-site scripting bug on CIA.gov – Boing Boing Gadgets – This is pretty dang slick. I need to find out how they've done that, exactly.
- Twenty Sided » Blog Archive » JC Denton: Not Just a Tough Guy – The clothing of Deus Ex. "I felt ridiculous having these philosophical and political conversations while dressed as a Morpheus cosplayer."
- The Swamp: Obama: Won't ask, don't mind tellin' – Obama doing an interview with an LGBT magazine. The format of this article is awful, but I especially liked his stance that it's not the gov't's place to tell folks to "wait for [their] equality" with regards to marriage. Pragmatic, yet progressive.
- Still Alive? She?s Free. – If you've ever played Portal, this post may interest you. It's a look at the imagery of GlaDOS when you finally see her, and what the developers may have been trying to convey. Good stuff, and includes a nice drawing by the author.
- Front-Ahead Design – The Daily WTH – "If you?re not familiar with FAD, then you?ve been missing out. […] Not only does it surpass every other software development methodology out there, it solves every problem there is to building software."
- Get Off Your Butt: 16 Ways to Get Motivated When You?re in a Slump – The title says it all. I'm in a bit of one of these slumps myself, and am giving myself a kick in the pants.