Tags: On Life and Love, art, astronomy, games, gaming, geek, Humor, Linkage, money, morality, politics, science
These are my links for April 26th through May 1st:
- Twenty Sided » Blog Archive » Do it again, stupid – I can't stand these DIAS types of games. I've dabbled in Tony Hawk, but only when I can beat levels on the first or second try, or when I can make my character fall in fun ways. Shamus perfectly explains why these games annoy the hell out of me.
- The 7 Commandments All Video Games Should Obey – Page 7 | Cracked.com – Pretty good — and very funny — list of things video games need to be good and/or interesting.
- David Sirota: The Importance of Black Voters, and the Stupidity of Ignoring Them – Politics on The Huffington Post – 'For instance, though much of the African-American community is economically in the "working class," pundits and reporters use economic and other demographic distinctions only to describe white voters, while black voters are just "black voters"'.
- Bad Astronomy Blog » What does a nebula look like up close? – This is a pretty interesting video about — you guessed it, what a nebula would look like up close.
- A Four Year Old Reviews Grand Theft Auto IV « Live Granades – At first, I was like, "Oh, no!" and then I was like, "Tee, hee." I had to crank my volume for this.
- Batman's alignments – I don't like Batman, but I am a D & D lady, and I often chafe at the rigid interpretation some GMs take to the alignment system. I find this sort of thing interesting–how Batman fits all the D & D alignments, presumably over different eras of the comic.
- Art: French Artist Adds Scifi to Beautiful Photos – These are really freaky and really cool. I don't understand how the eyeball one or the face were done, but I'm not very good at graphics manipulation.
- Stimulus payments to go out ahead of schedule – Apr. 24, 2008 – Holla! How 'bout *that*?!