Tags: On Life and Love, database, development, dnd, energy, fathate, Finances, fonts, gaming, government, Linkage, linkedin, money, politics, role-playing, TSA, typography, webdesign, webdevelopment
Down to six hundred sixteen unread Google Reader items! Here are some of the coolest of the nearly 200 I’ve read in the last couple of weeks (as well as random surfing, of course):
- How to Lower Your Heating Bills This Winter – I definitely need to try out lowering our thermostat. We keep it on 72 F in the winter, which we could probably stand to lower by 5-7 degrees if I bundled up more.
- 9 New High-Quality Free Fonts | Freebies – I really like the Spatha and My Fair Cody fonts on this list. I'm (back-burner) working on a design for charsheet.net, and the styles of those two fonts grabbed me.
- The Definition Of “Money” Is A Bit Different In Swampland… – Das Krapital – Washington City Paper – "Two BILLION dollars…I wonder how much you would have to raise taxes on the wealthiest one percent to raise two BILLION DOLLARS over the course of the fiscal year?"
- 10 Incredibly Useful CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) Tools – This is pretty slick, especially the font toys and redundancy checker.
- Is NoSQL for me? I’m just a small fish – "I didn’t have scaling issues, I had maintainability nightmares." Compelling, actually, for me.
- TSA Agent Does Not Enjoy Searching Fat People – …The title's pretty self-explanatory.
- What I Learned Running a 1 to 30 D&D Campaign : Critical Hits – Beware the Warlord and critical hits. A very well-written reflection.