- What’s NOT Wrong With Your SEX Life? » Funny stuff.
- Telegraph | News | The Darwin exhibition frightening off corporate sponsors » "An exhibition celebrating the life of Charles Darwin has failed to find a corporate sponsor because American companies are anxious not to take sides in the heated debate between scientists and fundamentalist Christians over the theory of evolution."
Although Sexy Short Stuff also sent a suggestion for the breed of cactus I’m now sporting, Mae won, methinks, with the suggestion of the Tephrocactus articulatus.
So per the agreement in the “Five dollars, for j00z” challenge, I’ve created a little Wikipedia article for my little Tephrocactus articulatus var. inermis. (My first Wikipedia article! I’ve been deflowered!)
Now we’ll just have to see if the article stands the test of Wiki-time.
- Crooning and Rap, in Harmony – New York Times » "Rappers and crooners often act as if they’re on different planets, but the truth is they spend most of the time in the same place[…]. And the clash of these opposing styles isn’t really a collision; it’s more like a collusion."
- USATODAY.com – Bose tries to shake up auto industry » "A childlike grin spreads across 76-year-old Amar Bose’s face as the vehicle does something most can’t: jump over the board, like a cat bounding over a fallen log." For high-end cars only, alas. I could almost imagine my little Hyundai jumping around…
- Musings On Writing – Steaming … or, A Little History Lesson » The real story of Thanksgiving.
- blackfeminism.org » Recommended: ?America?s Stay-at-Home Feminists? » Another odd blackfeminism.org discussion.
- Bjork Talks about her New Film Drawing Restraint 9 » Courtesy of George.
- Guardian Unlimited | Liechtenstein Rejects Anti-Abortion Measure » I know where I’m moving post-grad school… Now if only I could convince WO.
- Weight Training Programs Versus Cardiovascular Exercise » Pro-swimming as a mix of the two.
- Cochemiea poselgeri » Another possible candidate for the baby cactus, from me.
- Cochemiea setispina » A possible candidate for my wittle baby cactus, courtesy of Steve.
- The Black Commentator – Cover Story: Mass Incarceration and Rape – Issue 95 » A source in Muscio’s book <i>Autobiography of a Blue-Eyed Devil</i>.
- Nugget – On Google Talk, I apparently talk a lot » "So why am I frustrated by Google Talk? I’m frustrated that Google seems to consider it progress to have merely added yet another isolated network to the mess."
- One Creative Director’s Journal: Google Talk makes it worse? » "Is Google Talk going to make it easier for people on planet Earth to communicate to each other? ? No! At least not yet. It?s going to cluster IM users even more." Does anyone even *use* GTalk?
- LinuxElectrons – Jabber And America Online Team To Provide Server-To-Server Instant Messaging » This scares me.
I’ll PayPal $5 to the first person who can identify the type of cactus I have. Here is a photo. I’ve done a few hours of research in Arizona stores and on the Internet, and I can’t find the breed. Even Wikipedia couldn’t help me.
I’ll want some kind of reference I can check for more information (care, etc.). Online references are awesome, but I’m not scared of books.
Hell, I’ll flesh out whatever Wikipedia page is relevent with a picture if I can just figure out what breed it is.
Five dollars. For j00z.