Just a few links and a vibeo as I get back into the swing of things.
- The Complete Rules For Games | Rock, Paper, Shotgun – How can one not like do's and don't's for games? Especially when so many ring true?
- Lots of people can’t fire their insurance companies | The Incidental Economist – "[L]et’s unpack the idea that if individuals have their own insurance, the “insurance company will have an incentive to keep [them] healthy”. That’s totally backwards. The idea that people might fire their insurance companies is exactly why they don’t have an incentive to keep you healthy."
This guy's pretty damn good. The De Niro impression got me, as I was just watching Ronin a few days ago.
- Detecting and Preventing Lifestyle Creep – A fun money reminder for the start of the year.
- Kill Screen – The Year in lyrics – Explaining the "(GUCCI!)" to Greg as I read this made it all the better.
- adventures in birth control, or: emily has a small uterus | Emily Nagoski :: sex nerd :: – Ah, the ol' IUD insertion.
Don't let that sound nostalgic. Mine was hell, and so was hers. (I teared up in reading her account, remembering my own.) My OB/GYN was quite the asshole, although I tried to rationalize it as professionalism at the time. The insertion procedure was the last time I saw him. I now go to an office where 8 of the 10 women have IUDs and all of them have a dose or 5 of compassion.