Tags: On Life and Love, astronomy, business, comics, donations, erotica, gaming, gayrights, google, Health, Humor, international, Linkage, linkedin, productivity, sci-fi, science, security, sex, startrek, TSA, videos, visualization, weight-issues, Writing, wtf
This past week(…s)’s internet surfin':
- A Newbie’s Guide to Publishing: What’s Wrong With Sex? – Sex in a book doesn’t make it erotica.
- Hyperbole and a Half: This is Why I’ll Never be an Adult – As always, I love Allie’s art and humor, and her point here is so well taken. I know very few people who don’t do this.
- Twitter / @violetblue: They made me wait a long t … – This is definitely a WTF. Also a “what in the world do you do?” Do you make a kerfluffle about being able to see your stuff when you’re about to be patted down? Do you just wait in silence?
- BBC News – Gay men blood donor ban to be lifted – Better than a permanent ban, but a one-year deferral is still discriminatory. And how often are people not sexually active for one year? o_O I ended up in a poorly handled (on my part) Twitter fight about the issue of safety vs. discrimination. Ugh.
- Client management: [Forget] you. Pay me. – A contract focus on handling clients that’s polite-but-serious while ensuring you get paid. The video’s funny, though.
- finkenstein: TREK JAMMIN’ – Geordi knew better than to participate in this.
- Flash Orrery – Planets! Moons!
- Just be honest for now – I DO NOT HAVE AN EATING DISORDER – This was a difficult read (it’s a comic) for me, but very, very good and worth the discomfort.
- Draw – Google Correlate – Correlate a graph to search terms.
- 100 ways to get more done – I do so love lists like this. The dubstep background was new to me.
- EA’s Origin EULA Proves Even More Sinister | Rock, Paper, Shotgun – More on the EA usage agreement that’s rolling out on the un-Steamed games.