- Alas, a blog » Blog Archive » Fragments of Evolving Manhood: Do You Like Your Body 3 (Preliminary Notes On the Expendability of the Foreskin) – In summary: I'm not a huge fan of circumcision. (Very long article.)
- MetaFilter Saved My Pals From Sex Traffickers—Exclusive Interview | Mother Jones – This is incredibly cool, although the article is a bit confusedly written.
- Blog U.: Book Publishers’ Regrets in 2025 – Technology and Learning – Inside Higher Ed – "Sell the Book, Not the Format: Whenever we buy a book we should automatically have the option of receiving the book in all formats."
- Big Fat Deal » The Rhetoric Of The “Real” Woman – Hear, hear. "[…] the whole “eat a sandwich, I’m a real woman!” dialogue is damaging in its own way. It keeps women running after and policing each other in a little circle of body obsession, while men get to go off and run the world."
- Elf M. Sternberg – Google Translate from Korean… not so much. – Awesome find from Elf, and a good discussion in the comments about human vs. computer translations. From the translation: "Indeed, the Demon Squid embarrassment for the United States the pain does not go off maybe 12." Um, yeah.
- Fatshionista – Fat Joke Fail: In Which I Do Not Namecall Ricky Gervais – This article is from January of 2009, but is a very thoughtful treatment of equating (or conflating) oppressions, namely being gay and being fat.
"Whether or not fatness or gayness is easily measured or authenticated is irrelevant. Whether or not fatness or gayness is biologically inherent is irrevelant. What’s important here is the suggestion that certain people are owed humiliation for looking a certain way."