This week’s internet cruising:
- behavioral advertising icon – Coincidentally crossing my plate right after this tidbit of narrow-sightedness (see Greg’s comment there, too), I had to cackle a bit. I like the idea of disclosing–all the time, not just when you register for a service–that a site is gathering your behavioral information. I also agree that a weird triangle icon in the midst of a column of ads (text or image) won't get noticed and won't make sense.
- Release management, or “How to de-version your app” – Nice examination of the thought processes behind an app being released as a "beta", but not labeled as such, along with the classic features vs. budget vs. quality vs. timeline debate.
- You knew they’d do this. This is why we needed a single payer health insurance plan – I didn't know they'd threaten to pull coverage in entire states to avoid sick kids. Good grief, this is getting nasty.
- WordPress Custom Post Types Guide – Quite handy, as I'm working on a new WordPress website at the moment (not my own–it's volunteer work) and didn't really want to have to find plugins to do things better suited to custom post types… like events.
- If you do this in an email, I hate you – The Oatmeal – I nearly peed my pants laughing at this. At work, no less.