Greg and I are doing part two of our honeymoon this weekend with a visit to Pawleys Island. I’m not sure about the whole “arrogantly shabby” thing, but we’ve never been to a North/South Carolina beach, so it’ll be an adventure. I hope it’s not too cold for swimming.
…I might swim regardless.
- Hill Gardens of Maine – What’s Wrong With My Seedlings? – Awesome article on light and temperature treatment of indoor plants and why seedlings end up spindly and weak (like mine are!).
- Twitter / @Adwoa D. : Political Correctness – Weird to link to something on Twitter here, but I love this statement.
- WikiLeaks: grand jury hearing opens in US – Telegraph – I had no idea that journalists couldn't attend grand jury hearings–that's shitty.
- Who is Osama bin Laden? – Boing Boing – I tend to resist the urge to blame the educational system for things, so some of the comments on this post annoyed me. That said, I hadn't thought about the fact that my own little sister was 2 (count 'em!) when 9/11 occurred. How crazy is that?
- How do you convince the average web user to switch to a non-IE browser? – Nothing incredibly new here, but it does include the following exchange:
“Why do you use Internet Explorer? Do you know that there are other options for browsers?”, I asked.
“No, not really. As far as I’m concerned, when I access the internet, I just need to click on the big blue ‘e’ and do a search. I don’t know why I would use anything else.”
“What does the ‘e’ stand for, Alex?”
“The ‘e’ stands for ‘internet’”, he replied.
- Lego Apartment – Look at this awesomeness. Everything folds away; it's pretty slick.