Tags: On Life and Love, business, clients, dnd, firefox, google, Health, Humor, Linkage, linkedin, management, Music, running, startrek, Techie, workplace
This week’s internet cruising:
- Christopher Hawkins – Necessary Rudeness and the Effective Use of Your Time – I love this: "I will go so far as to say that if you are not 100% unavailable for at least 2 hours a day, you probably aren't getting much done that's of any importance." I like the idea of saying, "5 minutes now or 30 minutes by appointment later," but unfortunately, everyone I work with thinks their stuff will only take 5 minutes. …I don't understand that.
- Christopher Hawkins – 11 Clients You Need To Fire Right Now – My favorite line: "We're white-collar professionals, not street thugs." Nuff said. Fo' sho.
- How to Detect a Toxic Customer | Software by Rob – Speak on it, brotha. "And while you (luckily) won’t encounter many toxic customers during your lifetime, after the first few you learn how to identify and gracefully step away when you see them coming. This is because toxic customers are not just a hassle, they can chew up support time, cost you money, damage your reputation by posting to Twitter/forums/review sites, and stress you to the point of wanting to commit an act of violence on yourself or others."
- Keyboard shortcuts interfering with Gmail — Ctrl Shift to Highlight – Firebug | Google Groups – Now I know why I can't select words in gmail or gdocs using my keyboard. Firebug shortcuts are interfering.
- DS9 D & D Alignments – Very nice 3×3 of the alignment of major DS9 characters.
- Podrunner: Intervals – Free Workout Music for 8K Training – This may become my next training program, if I opt to push for distance rather than speed. 8k is roughly 5 miles, which is about where I want to be.