Tags: On Life and Love, books, children, creativity, cute, economics, gaming, gayrights, gender, hate, Health, healthcare, homosexuality, Humor, Linkage, linkedin, microsoft, politics, programming, self-image, sexuality, Society, software, texas, tiny-things, tinylife
I’m still flying high from a wonderful 3 hours of dance last night. I had a whole lot of energy, even at the end, and managed to do all right at keeping up. I blame the belly dance show last weekend.
There are a fair number of posts this week. I’ve been oot and aboot.
- Roleplaying Tips: Delegating – I really like the idea of splitting up some of the administrative work in running a game, especially in a game with 5+ people that will be running for a long time. I've seen in a 4-year one-on-one game how difficult it is to keep track of what's happened and who I've spoken with. If there were more than just me, this kind of delegation would be necessary.
- Is this for real? – Let's hope it's not. Texas seems to be seriously considering dropping out of federal Medicaid in order to cover their budget shortfall this year.
- My son is gay « Nerdy Apple Bottom – "If you think that me allowing my son to be a female character for Halloween is somehow going to ‘make’ him gay then you are an idiot. Firstly, what a ridiculous concept. Secondly, if my son is gay, OK. I will love him no less. Thirdly, I am not worried that your son will grow up to be an actual ninja so back off."
- How do we rate the quality of the US health care system – Introduction – This is a really good (and full of data, although not the uber-statistics stuff we were taught to require in college) series on US health care quality. I think Aaron does a great job of not forcing an opinion down anyone's gullet.
- Gay-straight clubs targeted in county school board race | thespectrum.com | The Spectrum – "Our hope is that by adding the parental consent that it'll kill them," said Travis Christiansen, another sitting board member up for reelection.
- Wimbledon Live Blog Devolves Into Poetry And Madness – Cute and funny.
- Microsoft Word as a WYSIWYG Wiki Editor – I'm not really an MS Word user these days outside of the office, but this is pretty cool.
- Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive – Dr. Phil slams Arkansas official for ‘non-apology apology’ « – CNN.com Blogs – I'm not at all sure McCance can make a sincere apology for remarks. If he didn't believe them, he wouldn't have said them. He's just sorry for his stupidity in posting them online. "And McGraw offers his own interpretation of McCance’s mea culpa. 'I certainly see his apology as suggesting that he’s sorry that all of this came to light, he’s sorry that somebody called him on it.'"
- Affirmations to raise your self-esteem don’t work. Those that return your self-respect do. – An interesting tidbit I hadn't heard before. A quick Google search only shows verification of that on rather frou-frou spiritualist sites, though.
- Book House – Yellow Pages, that is. This is pretty slick, although I doubt mold is avoidable in the long run.
- Ecomatic – Sink Dishwasher – Pretty and efficient. Doesn't handle a big load of dishes, it looks like–Greg and I make Meals. Of course, I'll never get Greg into a tiny house.
- 35+ Reusable Grocery Bags You Can Make: Free Patterns : TipNut.com – …I like making things. Too bad we already have too many reusable grocery bags.
- George Bush really does not ‘appreciate’ Kanye West’s Katrina criticism: ‘The worst moment of my Presidency’ | EW.com – I might actually read a book by Bush reflecting on his presidency. It would answer my age-old question of "What in the hell was he thinking?"