Tags: On Life and Love, arabic, art, books, business, games, Health, healthcare, Humor, Linkage, linkedin, marketing, media, medical, politics, pretty, sci-fi, sexism, social, typography
This week’s internet cruising:
- EA takes games from Steam – Hilariously written, and found because I was eyeballing Dragon Age 2 to see if it still comes with Mass Effect, as it did once. …Not that I want DA2. I haven't finished the first one yet.
- Abortion may be legal, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to get one – Includes numbers from a rather large sample-size survey that was done.
- Showcase of Inspiring Arabic Calligraphy Artworks – Just a compilation post, but gorgeous.
- Showed up on my news feed. Made me feel shocked,… | – Aw, hell no.
- Your customer won’t take a bullet for you | gapingvoid – "The key to understanding (and ultimately benefitting from) true 'customer loyalty' is to recognize and respect that customers–as people–are deeply loyal to themselves and those they love, but not to products and brands."
- Why do I re-read things I don’t like? | Tor.com – Greg is often baffled by my tendency to reread. "I early became familiar with the idea of getting more out of something on a re-read."
- THE “Don’t Miss” Volume? | Tor.com – An excellent discussion of both the meaning of the "don't-miss" recommendation (it's not asking where to start!) and some solid recommendations for popular sci-fi series.
- Social media, explained – On urination.
- What to do about really obese kids | The Incidental Economist – Like Aaron, I'm interested in the debate, but wary of any policies that might go into place.