This week’s internet cruising:
- louisgray.com: Why I Turned In My iPhone and Went Android – I love this article. I've written before that I'm considering switching, and at this point, it's only the cost of breaking contract that's holding me back.
- YouTube – heavymedic dance work in progress – unfinished – Y'all know I'm a doc/heavy shipper.
- Penny Arcade – The Sound Of A Klaxon – Regarding the iPhone 4: "She sees that phone the same way she would see a hat, or a ladle. If you had a ladle and you tried to get soup with the ladle but the soup came out, or fell out, or whatever the culinary equivalent of a lost call is, she would try to break it over her knee before throwing it in the garbage."
- Prince Declares Internet Over – Yes, that Prince. The Artist Formerly Known As might actually become "formerly known" among the next generation with his mysterious disappearance from the Internet. Strangely, I hear his music on Pandora. Maybe that won't be for much longer. "Unlike most other rock stars, he has banned YouTube and iTunes from using any of his music and has even closed down his own official website."
- Narrower Towers: 20 Of Japan’s Thinnest Buildings | Design + Ideas on WU – From Greg, this is a really cool look at very slender architecture — 7-story buildings with 1,200 sq. ft footprints (feetprint?), a building that looks less than 10-feet wide, but supposedly has a Chinese restaurant on the ground floor, etc.
- The Lazy Way to Investment Success – I'm not sure I like the term "lazy" for this style — you still need to do your due diligence on picking the index funds or ETFs, but I like the simplicity of the style.
- Buttersafe – Updated Tuesdays and Thursdays » Archive » 11 Bad Comics – Clowns and frowns.
- 2 officers out of jobs in wake of repeated Tasering of woman | ajc.com – Um. Read this.